Friday, December 16, 2011

A little over 5 weeks left




Our baby girl's 3D/4D images at 33 1/2 weeks! She was yawning in the middle one! Looks like she has my eyes, BIG eyes, and chubby cheeks! Now that we got that ultrasound done, we're much more excited to meet her.

How baby girl is doing:
I've had braxton hicks contractions since about 23 weeks but the other night they scared me. Braxton hicks contractions are practice contractions, it's your uterus getting ready for the big day! I started having them around 5pm, then I was busy so didn't notice they were frequent until I chilled out. At this point, they had been going on for about 3 hours so my mom and I started timing them, they were scattered and not painful. At about 11pm, I called the nurse line and they told me to come in. They put me on the monitor to monitor the baby's heartbeat and how frequent the contractions were happening. She was still moving in between contractions and her heartbeat was fine but they checked me anyways and I wasn't dilated (Thank God). They told me I needed to drink more water, about 6-8 bottles a day, because Brooklyn is irritated and that's what is causing the contractions. She's getting bigger and so I need to drink more water to give her more fluid. Contractions are gone now and she's been really active lately, so everything is back to normal, just a few more weeks and she'll be here! I think she has dropped or will soon, I'll have to ask my doctor on Monday but I have to pee every 15 minutes and she's not in my ribs as much anymore. My stomach doesn't look "lower" but I have a lot of pressure in my pelvic area! At this point, Brooklyn should be gaining 1/2 a pound a week and could be at the height she'll be born at. She isn't breech anymore, which is another reason I think she has dropped. My appointment is on Monday so I'll post about how she's doing then.

How mom's doing:
I've had the easiest pregnancy up until recently, but I'm about to be in the last month so being uncomfortable is expected. Last weekend my brother got married and from the Wednesday before the wedding, the family was going nonstop plus I had work every day so nights were bad, I had heartburn, back aches, and I was exhausted. I stop working in a 3 weeks so I'll have time to rest and get some stuff I need to get before she makes her debut! People have started guessing on when she'll get here, I am guessing around the 18th of January but we'll see! I think about her being here all the time, I know people say enjoy the quiet and rest but I think spending the day/night with her will make getting no sleep worth it.

I'll update again after my appointment on Monday! After the next appointment, I start the weekly appointments with my OB!





No comments:

Post a Comment