Tuesday, December 6, 2011

33 WEEKS


WOW! Time has flown by and I've had the easiest pregnancy I could have ever hoped for. I went to the doctor yesterday and all is well with peanut. Her heartbeat was normal and my weight gain is really good, she's getting bigger every week. They say starting at 32 weeks, a baby grows 1/2 a pound a week until he/she is born, which would explain why I'm starting to get hungry more often throughout the day. I've gained a total of 23 pounds, which is 7 away from the 'goal' weight they set for me of 30 pounds total. I don't know where all 23 pounds went because my stomach and boobs are the only things that have grown, haha! Brooklyn moves so much and I love it, she likes to move once I'm comfortable in bed and ready to fall asleep but honestly, it doesn't bother me, I just laugh. She doesn't keep me awake which is good but I do have to pee every few hours throughout the night. I can only sleep on my left side and I have to have a pillow in between my knees. I've noticed if I even lay on my right side for longer than a minute, she kicks my right side and I get extremely uncomfortable. Lately, I've been getting heartburn every night, tums are my best friend. I've also been dealing with back pain which would be okay if it was my shoulders because I'm used to that but the pain is in my lower and middle back which is unbearable sometimes. A warm bath, heating pad, a walk, or getting on my hands and knees usually helps ease the pain. I can honestly say, yes I'm always uncomfortable but I like being pregnant. Dylan is understanding of my mood swings and massages my back like every night. I've had it really easy but I see much discomfort in this last month and a half of being pregnant!
Me and Dylan took our first child development class tonight, we talked about the stages of labor and what to expect. It's supposed to help with the nervousness of not knowing what to expect but now I'm more frightened and nervous than I was before. I think it's just the thought of never experiencing that kind of pain and not knowing if I can push our baby out. Some people's bodies don't allow them to have a baby the 'natural' way so they end up having a c-section and that kind of scares me. I really want to be able to give birth to my baby without having to have a c-section. The stages of labor amazed me to because I didn't know there are different stages. All I have to tell myself is it's all worth it in the end because I have to go through that to end up with my baby in my arms.
I've been a little uneasy about Brooklyn being a girl. I don't think the doctor was wrong but I want to say almost every pregnant girl thinks "what if my baby isn't a girl" or "what if my baby isn't a boy". We have been preparing for a girl and I don't have any reason to doubt her gender but me and a coworker had a dream I was holding a boy. I think it's just my mind playing tricks on me as I'm getting closer to her being here! We've decided to get a 3D ultrasound done this Thursday so I will post pictures of that after, I'm so excited because we get to see her facial features and her position in my stomach and its so real!
I've always knew I would be a mom but I never knew I'd get to experience this so soon. It's different than what I expected and it can be hard at times but it's totally worth it, when you're ready to have a baby. I figured I would get huge, be uncomfortable from day 1, have morning sickness, get all the symptoms the books tell you about but really all I've experienced is being uncomfortable, emotional, and getting heartburn. Everyone is different though. I was shocked when I found out I was pregnant, never thought I would be having a baby at 20. I planned on having kids at age 27, if things worked out that way. Obviously, god had a different plan for me and Dylan and here we are, 33 weeks pregnant with a little girl and we couldn't be more excited for what is to come. We've been very lucky to have our families support and our friends behind us 100 percent and I think that's what has made this so easy and exciting for us. I think for both of us, feeling her move and realizing that there is a little baby inside of my stomach growing and she's ours is one of the best feelings.

Her room is almost done but here are some pictures to show y'all what it looks like!






No comments:

Post a Comment