Tuesday, August 16, 2011

17 Weeks

It's been awhile since I posted so I'll bring y'all up to date!

Last Wednesday, August 10th, I went to my second appointment and my doctor said all is good with me and Peanut, we're both very healthy. We are finding out whether we're having a girl or boy on SEPTEMBER 6TH, I can't wait! I don't have a preference, everyone asks what I prefer but I honestly just want a healthy baby, boy or girl! Dylan wants a boy but he said he'll be happy either way!

I am 17 weeks today which blows my mind cause it's going by so fast, we're 23 weeks away from meeting our little one! I never got morning sickness, just a couple days where I felt nausea and headaches. Recently, I've gotten heartburn and at night I feel irritated and restless. Peanut is about 5 inches long and 3 1/2 ounces and should double in size in the next few weeks which means I'm actually going to gain some weight and look pregnant very soon! The doctor told me if I poked my stomach I should get a response from the baby like a kick or something and I did on Friday!!! I poked the middle of stomach and felt a little something, I didn't believe it so I poked my stomach again and got the same response, I'm almost positive it was the baby, I immediately got a huge smile on my face! It's crazy that all this is happening inside of me.

From my email I get every week from whattoexpect.com:
"Your baby is almost certainly listening up by now. In fact, loud noises — the dog barking, the doorbell ringing — will actually startle your baby (and also get him or her used to such noises; for instance, fetuses who regularly hear a dog barking will become babies who sleep right through Fido's outbursts). Your baby's eyes (which have fortunately finished their migration to the front of his or her head) are making small side-to-side movements and can even perceive some light, though the eyelids are still sealed. And since practice makes perfect, your baby is sharpening his or her sucking and swallowing skills in preparation for that first (and second…and third) suckle at your breast or bottle. In fact, most of the survival reflexes that your baby will have at birth are being perfected in utero right now."

I don't even look pregnant but yet all these amazing things are happening inside me! Within the next month, me and others should be able to feel the baby move, ahhh I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment